Welcome to Reese Pyle Meyer PLL.
Please read our firm policies as they relate to the current COVID-19 crisis effective March 30, 2020.
As most of you are aware, the Director of the Ohio Department of Health issued a stay at home order (“Order”), effective 11:59 p.m. on March 23, 2020. All non-essential businesses must cease operations. However, Essential Business may remain open, and are encouraged to do so. Law firms are named as essential businesses. In compliance with the Order, Reese Pyle Meyer continues to remain open during its normal business hours of 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. To ensure the safety of our staff, clients and other visitors, we are continuing to limit direct contact as much as possible, and maintaining social distancing within the office, by doing the following:
- Between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm the front doors of the office will be locked to allow for a lunch break for staff. If you dropping off material please use the mail slot or dropbox.
- We are asking all clients and visitors to make appointments to come to the office, and make those appointments only when a personal visit is absolutely necessary. Where possible, we will conduct most client interaction by telephone, email or by using remote teleconferencing services such as “Zoom”;
- If you are sick, please reschedule your appointment;
- When making an appointment, please let us know if you are over age 65 or have a condition which places you in the vulnerable population, and we will try schedule you at time when client traffic is minimal;
- All office conferences will be held in the large conference room so that the appropriate social distance can be maintained, and we will limit the number of people who can participate in the conference;
- Anyone dropping off papers may do so by leaving them in a marked box on a table in the vestibule just outside the lobby, and we may also ask people to sign simple documents while in the vestibule, without entering the lobby;
- Social distancing will be followed, and we have marked in the front lobby a line that is 6 feet from the front desk which we will ask people to stay behind;
- Hand sanitizer will be available and we will wipe down and sanitize all conference rooms after each meeting or use;
- We are staying up to date on the local courts and their policies as they manage their respective dockets.
Reese Pyle Meyer is committed to continuing to serve the legal needs of its clients. But it is also mindful of the challenging circumstances presented. Remember, we like you and we hope you like us, but for the time being we are going to forgo the social pleasantries normally exchanged at our office visits. Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together in the face of these unprecedented events.
Reese Pyle Meyer PLL is an AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated law firm (highest possible rating) located in Newark, Ohio. We are the largest law firm in Licking County. Our thirteen attorneys have a combined over 150 years of experience and provide legal services in the following practice areas :
- Estate Planning: We handle estate planning matters involving tax issues, guardianships, wills, trusts and more. Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to protecting the financial security and well-being of you and your family.
- Family Law: Changes in your family structure pose many challenges. Whether you are pursuing adoption, experiencing marital conflict, or facing another issue close to home, you need a family law attorney who can help you find solutions for your legal problems. We answer all of your questions as we guide you through your family law matter.
- Real Estate: Our attorneys are knowledgeable about property issues and real estate disputes. We guide you through the process of negotiating, drafting and revising real estate documents, including contracts, mortgages, deeds and title documents. We also handle business real estate transactions and represent clients before planning and zoning boards.
- Civil Litigation: A legal dispute can greatly affect both your business and personal life. Our civil litigation attorneys use litigation, arbitration and mediation to help businesses, families and individuals resolve their disputes.
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death: Our trial attorneys have many years of experience representing people who have been injured as the result of the negligence or wrongdoing of another. We have also pursued wrongful death claims, where the law allows the survivors of a loved one to collect money damages due to negligence that results in death. We regularly practice in courts throughout Central and Southeast Ohio as well as in the federal court system. We are ready to assert the rights of our clients through the filing of a lawsuit or, if the client approves, through negotiation and settlement, should that lead to a more cost-effective and timely resolution of the claim.
- Tax Law: Tax law is an incredibly complex legal area. From preparation and filing of returns to incorporating tax planning into your business and personal decision-making, no matter what issue you are facing, you need to be represented by an experienced and knowledgeable tax law attorney.
- Business Law: Our attorneys handle a full range of business law services, including formation, financial investment counseling, contract review and development, breach of contract, shareholder disputes and more. For experienced advocacy for your business, contact us today.
When you retain the services of Reese Pyle Meyer PLL, you can be assured that your attorney is fully qualified to take on your case. Please read our profiles to learn more about our attorneys’ professional background and experience.
Contact our law firm today
Our offices are conveniently located in Newark. Call the firm at 740-345-3431 to arrange your consultation or contact the firm online.