COVID-19 RPM Policy (Effective March 23, 2020) – Essential Business
As most of you are aware, the Director of the Ohio Department of Health issued a stay at home order (“Order”), effective 11:59 p.m. on March 23, 2020. All non-essential businesses must cease operations. However, Essential Business may remain open, and are encouraged to do so. Law firms are named as essential businesses. In compliance with the Order, Reese Pyle Meyer continues to remain open during its normal business hours of 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. To ensure the safety of our staff, clients and other visitors, we are continuing to limit direct contact as much as possible, and maintaining social distancing within the office, by doing the following:
- The front lobby will be locked between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm. Please use the mail slot if dropping off material.
- We are asking all clients and visitors to make appointments to come to the office, and make those appointments only when a personal visit is absolutely necessary. Where possible, we will conduct most client interaction by telephone, email or by using remote teleconferencing services such as “Zoom”;
- If you are sick, please reschedule your appointment;
- When making an appointment, please let us know if you are over age 65 or have a condition which places you in the vulnerable population, and we will try schedule you at time when client traffic is minimal;
- All office conferences will be held in the large conference room so that the appropriate social distance can be maintained, and we will limit the number of people who can participate in the conference;
- Anyone dropping off papers may do so by leaving them in a marked box on a table in the vestibule just outside the lobby, and we may also ask people to sign simple documents while in the vestibule, without entering the lobby;
- Social distancing will be followed, and we have marked in the front lobby a line that is 6 feet from the front desk which we will ask people to stay behind;
- Hand sanitizer will be available and we will wipe down and sanitize all conference rooms after each meeting or use;
- We are staying up to date on the local courts and their policies as they manage their respective dockets.
Reese Pyle Meyer is committed to continuing to serve the legal needs of its clients. But it is also mindful of the challenging circumstances presented. Remember, we like you and we hope you like us, but for the time being we are going to forgo the social pleasantries normally exchanged at our office visits. Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together in the face of these unprecedented events.